Wednesday, January 4, 2012

PlayBook Log: 2012.3

So i desided to not only learn what my new Blackberry PlayBook but do so by using it. As i type this using Word to Go which comes installed, I'll be blogging about my experiences, what tricks ive learned, and even figure out even making vids with it. Now just where to post them! Lol.
So its been a week that I've had my PlayBook and i must say, I'm very impressed so far. I've taken the chance everyday to browse the forums to find out what I may need to know to fully enjoy it. I have to say one cool handy feature is the screen capture! I've even figured out how to make my own PB wallpapers using it and getting it to fit properly! I have been making a lot of use of the Blackberry Bridge app since I have no wifi at home. Though I'm not able to browse App World, and a few other apps at that, the browser provides an experience that i've only previously enjoyed on my laptop, which i has been collecting dust since July 2011. While bridged to my Style 9670, some benefits are shown. When I get an email, my PB gets it. My BBM, i can use that on my PB too! I can see how a native email and BBM clients are needed if you don't use a BB smartphone, but if you do, he bridge IMO, is enough. I wouldn't want 2 BBMs. Thats overkill!
I get to use it's wifi while im at work. The browser is fast, streaming is good! I get to catch up with all my shows online. I still keep it bridged to my Style even when on wifi. My battery life on the Style lasts way longer with almost everything being able to be performed on the PB! Access to SMS would be he icing on the cake. (hint hint!). The battery on the PB lasts a decent amount of time. I rarely have to charge it before I get home.
With so much to go thru, we can save that for another blog. Eventually, I get to see how to post vids and see how the integration with YouTube is.

Resistance is futile.

No comments:

Post a Comment